Tasha has now spent over half her life incarcerated.
Despite the overwhelming evidence of her innocence, the Mississippi Justice System has denied Tasha her freedom repeatedly.
However, you can still help grant Tasha her deserved freedom by assisting with her clemency petition to Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves.
This is Tasha’s chance to petition for a reduction in her sentence or be granted a full pardon.
To increase her chances of gaining clemency, we have to show Governor Tate Reeves just how many people believe in Tasha’s freedom and demand her release.
Here’s how you can help:
- Download the clemency petition by clicking here or below.
- Share the clemency petition online (tagging @tatereeves with the hashtag #freeTashaShelby).
- Write to those in positions of power. Use our pre-written template to send a letter to Governor Tate Reeves letting him know of your belief in Tasha’s innocence.
- Sign our Change.org petition and encourage family and friends to sign.
- Follow our Twitter and Instagram to stay updated with the campaign.
- Sign up to our newsletter.